TAKE CHATGPT ON A TEST DRIVE
Marketing Communications, Marketing Data, Customer Relationship Management, Artificial Intelligence Marketing, ChatGPT
ChatGPT is a language model-based chatbot developed by OpenAI and launched in 2022. A key feature of ChatGPT is its ability to generate responses like humans in real-time, based on user input. ChatGPT can give natural answers to questions in a conversational tone and can generate stories, essays, and poetry. ChatGPT won’t mow your lawn or finish the dishes – yet, but its artificial intelligence excels at language-based tasks.
Prompt Engineering for ChatGPT
As you begin to play and experiment with this exciting tool, you will see the initial pattern of successive prompts and replies (known as prompt engineering) provide context at each conversation stage. Examples of prompts are:
- Create a social media content strategy.
- Create pricing options for this inventory.
- Get feedback on these website landing pages.
- Summarize this self-help book.
Ways That ChatGPT Can Help
Here are a few basic ways in which ChatGPT might be of assistance to you:
- Education: ChatGPT provides explanations and answers questions and assists with learning new subjects. (ChatGPT - Recommend books or courses on food dehydration methods.)
- Research: ChatGPT can help you conduct research on a variety of topics, find relevant sources and summarize key points. Previously tedious tasks like finding blog topics and keyword research are easy for ChatGPT. (ChatGPT – Find keywords for disc brakes.)
- Language: Improving your Spanish? Learning Mandarin? ChatGPT can assist in learning new languages with language translations and pronunciation help. It does a good job of correcting sentences and explaining mistakes. (ChatGPT – Provide an English-Spanish conversation for ordering breakfast at a restaurant.)
- Time Management: ChatGPT offers productivity and organizational tips. (ChatGPT – Summarize my weekly schedule and prioritize important tasks.)
- Programming: ChatGPT can answer programming questions, provide code snippets, and offer explanations for coding concepts. It can even generate WordPress plugins. (ChatGPT - Design a database schema for an online merch store.)
- Product Recommendations: ChatGPT can suggest products, services, or online resources based on your preferences. (ChatGPT – Provide a product recommendation for running shoes.)
- Entertainment: ChatGPT can engage in casual conversations, tell jokes, share facts, recommend books, movies and music. (ChatGPT - Tell me a pun about outer space.)
- Ideas: Looking for creative ideas? ChatGPT can provide inspiration. It also does a good job of generating surveys and quizzes. (ChatGPT - Come up with a survey for the school millage ballot proposal.)
- Problem Solving: ChatGPT can help in solving complex problems by offering different perspectives, solutions, and helping you think through scenarios. (ChatGPT - Recommend a dish to impress a date who is a picky eater.)
- Health: It can provide tips on a healthy lifestyle, nutrition and exercise. (ChatGPT - Recommend 10 gluten-free dishes based on rice noodles.)
- Financial Planning: ChatGPT can offer advice on budgeting, financial management and investment tips. (ChatGPT - How do I get on track for retirement?)
- Writing: ChatGPT can generate content . . . a lot of content! Essays, reports, articles, or creative writing. It provides writing tips and grammar corrections. (ChatGPT - Write a thank-you note to a guest speaker for my class.)
ChatGPT Writing Styles
Although you can select a writing style for ChatGPT (formal, informal, persuasive, descriptive, humorous, narrative, inspiration, confrontational) the most spectacular results are when you suggest famous authors. Try these prompts and sit back and enjoy.
- Write a short story on social media marketing in the style of Hunter S. Thompson.
- Write a short story on the first day of school in the style of Sun Tzu.
- Write a short story about picking up a hitch-hiker in the style of H. L. Mencken.
- Write a short story on a first date in the style of Flannery O'Connor.
- Write a short story about a bat in the house in the style of Geoffrey Chaucer.
Don’t stop there. Here are a few of the most famous original prompts given to ChatGPI that thrilled the internet:
- Write a biblical verse in the style of the King James bible explaining how to remove a peanut butter sandwich from a VCR.
- Explain in letter form that Santa isn’t real and that parents make up stories out of love.
It’s important to note the disclaimer on the bottom of your ChatGPT webpage:
Remember that while ChatGPT can be a valuable resource, it should not replace professional advice when dealing with critical or specialized matters. Always consult experts or relevant professionals for specific and important concerns. Additionally, use ChatGPT responsibly and critically evaluate the information it provides, as it may not always have access to the most up-to-date or accurate information.